Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Life/Old Faithful in the Herb Garden!


In amongst the sticks of pineapple sage and lavender plants, new life is appearing in the herb garden!  The chives are coming up.  I wish spring was a little closer!  Chives can withstand the cold better than most herbs, but I dare not cut too much.  I have some frozen for use and they work really well on baked or mashed potatoes and that Saturday omelet or in stir fries.  It is still winter here and Mother Nature does not want us to forget that fact!  We are going to have a lot of rain today!  Just glad it is warm enough to be rain and not snow!  Hope you are enjoying the day wherever you may be!

2 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I get so excited when I see herbs come back...i just noticed tarragon and lots of borage and flat leaf parsely coming up everywhere...even in the gravel paths....am going to go scatter some forget me not seeds later..

more rain on the way....

more later, dear one

love,
kary
xxx

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is very exciting, Kary! Hope you and Buddy are staying dry! Love, Nancy xxx