Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Goes On and On and On!


The mailbox continues to be chock full of goodies, including one of our favorite seed catalogs, Johnny's Selected Seeds out of Maine.  They are employee owned.  They do their own research.  Hopefully, The Herbal Husband and I will get to visit some time in the near future.  Like I said in an earlier post, we keep this catalog at the backdoor because we are always referencing it during the growing season.  It has great information.  Johnny's also has a great selection of organic seeds and unusual varieties, especially herbs.



The second catalog that appeared that day was White Flower Farm which has been a bible for botanical names of perennials for me for many years.  I think it is very similar to the Thompson & Morgan catalog I talked about recently.  They both have a lot of unusual varieties.  It is still FREEZING here!  We are wishing for Lake Erie to FREEZE over.  That will stop the lake effect snow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love White Flower Farm although many of their products may not like where I live.

Thompson & Morgan is so much fun for me for their range of items.

I have not been sowing seeds for years and had forgotten about many of these companies. Thanks for jogging my brain.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I usually put them in a spot that they can't survive in! Still! The Herbal Husband is the seed sower. Most of the time I just pick what I want and he plants them! It mostly works! Thanks for stopping by, Cindy. Hope we all have a great new year!